iPod Exclamation Mark and Folder Icon
The iPod exclamation mark and folder icon is usually a sign of a communication error inside the iPod. This is common symptom when the hard drive inside your iPod looses is configuration settings.
What should I do?
The most appropriate course of action is to immediately try and recover the files from your iPod. Download Recover My iPod and follow the Quick Start Guide to Recover My iPod.
Do Not Connect your iPod to iTunes
Why? The default setting in iTunes when an iPod is connected is to "auto-sync" the play list. This means that iTunes will try and write it's list of songs to your iPod.
It is important when performing iPod data recovery not to write new data to iPod drive unless it is necessary to do so.
Do not connect to iTunes unless we specifically give instructions to do so.
Download Recover My iPod
- Click the download button to begin the download.
- Save the Recover My iPod installation program to your Windows computer.
- Run Recover My iPod and search your iPod for deleted or lost files.
- NOTE: Software will only run on Windows PC's
- NOTE: Software is not compatible with iPhones or the iPod Touch