iPod Data Recovery Software: Solve your iPod AutoSync issues
I lost my iPod files when...
- I plugged my iPod into a computer, iTunes started and I watched all the music and files on my iPod suddenly disappear?
- I reinstalled Windows, plugged my iPod into a computer, iTunes started and now my songs are all missing?
- I connected my iPod to a friends computer, lost my music and now have my friends music on my iPod.
The most common cause of these problems is the iTunes Auto Sync option.
How iPod Auto Sync actually works
Auto Sync is an option within iTunes software. The idea is that when the Auto Sync option is enabled, as soon as you plug your iPod into the computer it automatically updates the files on your iPod with whatever is in the iTunes library of the computer to which you are connected.
It is a common mistake to think that all the music and files on your iPod gets copied onto the computer. It WILL NOT. Your iPod is READ ONLY. It will only RECEIVE FILES from iTunes.
How to Recover iPod files after a bad Auto Sync
It is likely you are in one of two situations:
1. I still have all my songs in iTunes - They are just missing from my iPod
If you still have your songs located on your PC within iTunes then you don't have a problem. Connect your iPod to your PC and iTunes will sync itself with the iPod (iTunes will only copy files in one direction, from the computer to your iPod).
2. I have lost my songs from my iPod and in iTunes
If you no longer have your songs in iTunes (for example, you have just formatted your PC), then you have a problem, because your iPod has nothing to sync with.
Download Recover My iPod and follow the Quick Start Guide to Recover My iPod.
When performing iPod data recovery, DO NOT Connect your iPod to iTunes
Why? The default setting in iTunes when an iPod is connected is to "auto-sync" the play list. This means that iTunes will try and write it's list of songs to your iPod.
It is important when performing iPod data recovery not to write new data to iPod drive unless it is necessary to do so.
Do not connect to iTunes unless we specifically give instructions to do so.
Download Recover My iPod
- Click the download button to begin the download.
- Save the Recover My iPod installation program to your Windows computer.
- Run Recover My iPod and search your iPod for deleted or lost files.
- NOTE: Software will only run on Windows PC's
- NOTE: Software is not compatible with iPhones or the iPod Touch